OISTAT was founded in Prague in 1968. It stands for “Organisation Internationale des
Scénographes, Techniciens et Architectes de Théâtre” in French, and “International
Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians” in English.
OISTAT is a global network for theatre practitioners celebrating design, technology
and architecture in live performances.
The Mission of OISTAT is:
- To stimulate the exchange of ideas and innovations, and to promote international
collaboration in professions which support live performance;
- To serve the art form of performance, and the people who design and create live
- To promote the formation of OISTAT Centres, and the participation of individuals, alliances,
and institutions in all regions of the world to achieve these aims;
- To encourage life-long learning among live performance practitioners;
- To respect the integrity of all cultures and celebrate the diversity as well as the similarities
of those who work in support of live performance
2019 OISTAT Forum: The Next Fifty Years in Prague, Czech Republic